Monday, March 23, 2009

Venetian masks

I've been fascinated by masks, especially Venetian masks, since I was 10 or so. I used to make my own, mini papier-mâché or clay masks and paint them in varous ways afterwards. I would often come up with a white face decorated using black, purple and gold paint with some glitter, feathers and beads. Unfortunately, mine never looked even close to these gorgeous designs:









Venetian masks can be a terrific source of inspiration for make-up art. Just watch closely this Dior Fall/Winter 2009 make-up look:



Obviously, this is not something you could actually wear in the street, but if you use your imagination, the possibilities are endless :) Maybe this would be a good inspiration for a party look? Stay tuned for my rendition of a 'Venetian look'.

4 comments:

  1. Wow amazing! I love New Orleans and they have some beautiful handmade masks over there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, masks designs can be so unique... Thanks for being my first follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - these masks are amazing! You have GOT to do a look for my competition!

    Thanks sooo much for subbing hun xxx

    ReplyDelete