Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter!


I meant to post this yesterday, but I had an unexpected (in a nice way) visit from our friends...

Nevertheless, I'd like to wish you all a very happy Easter with lots of chocolate eggs, cake, and good time spent with family or friends. Also, I don't really know if it's a tradition where you live, but maybe a little bunny will bring something cute for you?

I spent almost the whole day yesterday in the kitchen, preparing a traditional Polish Easter cake called 'mazurek'. It's basically crispy dough similar to tarte, covered with some sort of topping, usually chocolate, orange or caramel, and then decorated with nuts and dried fruit. Here's the final result:


I don't know how they taste yet, because they're supposed to be eaten on Easter Sunday breakfast. We're invited to our friends house for a big Polish reunion :) Take care, my lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment