Saturday, August 13, 2011

Haul of Sorts

A couple posts back, I did mention that I picked up a few goodies in California, or, more precisely, Petaluma Outlet Stores. The CCO wasn't very impressive make-up wise compared to the one in Tulalip, but I still managed to find something I liked... and then I scored some other finds here and there as well.

Starting with skincare, I went a bit crazy for sunscreen this summer. I'm still favoring mineral, as natural and simple as possible products, so with this in mind I picked up two sunscreens to carry with me. The California Baby Sunblock Stick SPF 30+ is perfect for the areas on my body where I tend to forget to put on sunscreen, as well as for topping up. The Peter Thomas Roth Oily Problem Skin Instant Mineral SPF 30 is what I use on my face to reapply during the day.

Now that we got skincare out of the way, make-up goodies! The two Pop Beauty products in the photos, Eye Cake in Bright Greens and Tan in a Pan in Butterscotch Bronze, were kindly sent to me by Delyteful Speaks as a prize in her giveaway. I'm not a great fan of green eyeshadow on me, but this I can work with! The bronzer is fantastic and comes with a beautiful powder highlighter. I also picked up another bottle of Wet'n'Wild nail polish, this time in amazing duochrome Gray's Anatomy shade - a bit like MAC Vex in a polish form! I decided to stock up on concealer too, and ordered Becca Compact Concealer in Sherbet; can't wait to start using it!

Last but not least, my little California haul: I found this amazing Stila E! Live from the Red Carpet palette at a Saks Off Fifth Avenue store and just had to have it! It gives Urban Decay Naked Palette a serious run for the money. It came with the Stila Lip Glaze in Guava, which I have to admit I'm not a big fan of - is it supposed to be so gloopy? At the CCO, I got my first ever Lancome Juicy Tubes in Rio Mango for $5. It's practically clear, rather thick and smells more of fruit candy than mango, but I still reach for it a lot.

If you're wondering about the different background, it's another California find: a vintage Oscar de La Renta silk scarf from the 80s I bought at a secondhand store in Sonoma. This color blue is my personal favorite and I think the scarf is simply beautiful; plus, it's the first designer piece in my wardrobe! I hope you enjoyed the haul and please let me know in the comments which products you would like to read a review of. Have a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

  1. I still have to try some mineral sunscreen, pretty hard to find where I live!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read what you think of the Becca concealer, since I've been on a Becca kick this year :) The Stila palette looks very nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Gaby: I know La Roche Posay just released a mineral one, it's the next on my wishlist!

    @Mariella: I can't wait to start using it too, my MAC concealer is still going strong but I should probably toss it after over 2 years of everyday use... And I really really like the Stila palette!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vex in nail polish form? NEED.

    Great buys honey, the scarf is so pretty, what a find!

    Loveaudrey xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with loveaudrey. Vex in nail polish form sounds like a must hav!. What a great haul, thank you so much for sharing. I love the scarf too.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. stila lip glazes have never been my favourite, but the palette looks great! and i loveee becca products, looks like California was a fun trip :)
    thanks for the MB spot treatments reviews as well, been looking at that stuff all weekend xox

    ReplyDelete