Friday, August 24, 2012

Favorite Make-up Look of the Moment

Just a couple quick shots this time; I've just wanted to show you my favorite look of the moment. I'm usually not the gal who goes for heavier eye make-up and a neutral lip but that's what I've been liking a lot this week: a charcoal and plummy brown smokey eye with a tawny cheek and a subdued, shimmery lip.
I really like the contrast between the cool and warm shades on the eye and I'm planning to explore that even further with some navy blue on the lid and warm browns in the crease. The products I used for this charcoal/plum look are GOSH Waterproof eyeliner pencil in Black Ink smudged on the lid and a mixture of Clinique plums in the crease and to blend the edges. I also have Benefit Eye Bright in the waterline to make my eyes appear bigger, which is always my concern when I go heavier on the eyes.
I used a sample of Lancome Teint Idole 24H foundation in Ivory for the base and my usual BECCA and Rimmel concealers. The back of the cheek was contoured lightly with Benefit Hoola bronzer, and I also blended some NARS Douceur onto the apples of my cheeks. Lips are Revlon's Lip Butter in Peach Parfait.
On a different note, I've been having a lot of trouble getting back to blogging recently; I don't know what it is about this time of the year but for some reason it's a bit nostalgic for me. I'm suddenly starting to feel a lot more detached from my family, my friends and you, my readers, and I wish I could figure out something to put me on the right track again - probably a good load of energy, enthusiasm and creativity. But since right now I'm a bit lacking, let me know if you have any blogging requests for me; I'd be happy to oblige!
  
What's been your favorite make-up look recently? Are you feeling the end-of-summer nostalgia as well?

9 comments:

  1. Um, you are ABSOLUTELY stunning and radiant! Just jaw droppingly gorgeous.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look GORGEOUS! Love the combos on your eyes!

    I hope you get your blogging mojo back. Sometimes all it takes is one amazing lipstick...;) Keep exploring amazing colour combos like this! I love seeing your pretty face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Loving the look especialy the hair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had some more foil highlights put in recently and then they were toned with a coppery red - it just made my overall color a lot brighter.

      Delete
  4. You look stunning! I love this look, but I am wondering if it is a bit too pale or neutral for women over 50.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think anybody can wear whatever they want - but you can also adapt it any way you want! :)

      Delete
  5. This is a beautiful look on you--I'm very partial to neutral smokey eyes and this is a great take on it! Definitely trying this one out.

    ...and yes, I am already mourning the end of Summer! Classes started last week for me :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look great and there's nothing heavy or overdone about this look at all! I love what you did with the eyes especially.

    I think taking a step back from blogging sometimes results in wanting to stay away longer than intended. (This goes for whatever activity, not just blogging, I guess.) Hope you can take the time needed to recoup and regather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous look! So pretty and polished! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete